Saturday, June 5, 2010

She's on a Roll

Yep, no more stationary baby! Blakely turned 4 months, and we gave her cereal for the 1st time. Evidently the cereal gave her super powers... now she's rolling everywhere. She heads off the pallet almost immediately to explore (I hope it's just curiosity.) She also is FINALLY sleeping all night. Not every night, but I call a 5 hour stretch phenomenal. Last night was 9 hours, but I know not to get used to that!
On Memorial Day, Blakely had her 1st boat ride. Justin took Kenlee & Kelton out to fish all afternoon (Kelton is still trying to master the art of setting the hook), and after the sun went down, Blakely and I joined them for a very leisurely troll.

She seemed to love it, but it didn't take long for her to tire of the giant orange neckbrace. She made good use of it, though, since she is chewing a lot. Kelton wanted me to throw Blake in the water to see if she would float. I explained to him why that wasn't a good idea and tightened my grasp ;) Made perfect sense to Kelton. Otherwise, why would we have bought her a lifejacket?
What? Yeah, she wasn't sure what to think of the cereal, but she is enjoying it more now.
And the photo above depicts my morning. Justin played golf, and I took Kelton to his Tae Kwon Do Belt Test (he did GREAT and will hopefully receive his Yellow Belt at the Belt Ceremony next Saturday). Kenlee had dress rehearsal for recital this morning, and then we hurried back for Kelton's baseball game... all by noon! After shuttling siblings all morning, now Blakely is home enjoying a nap, and I am enjoying some rest before we do more work on the pool. Dance recital is tomorrow!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment